Just west of Loop 610 between Buffalo Bayou and Memorial Drive, next door to Uptown Park and the Galleria, and down the street from Memorial Park, lies the dynamic 72-acre Stablewood gated community.

It was developed on the former country estate of Harry C. Weiss that included a house designed by John Staub in 1930 and a stable for the family’s horses. The family later converted the stable into a party house, which is still located on a 3-acre dedicated site.

Development of Stablewood began in the early 1990s by Walter Mischer Sr., owner of Wheatstone Development. Modeled after North and South Boulevards in Boulevard Oaks, it was one of the first neighborhoods of its kind in over twenty years and one of the last to establish itself in the Memorial area.
 
It has 137 richly wooded home sites ranging from ¼ acre to over 1 acre featuring large, luxury homes that are required to have 4,200+ square feet. A stone fence encases the eight privately owned streets. Access is controlled with a guardhouse and code keys ensuring the security and peace of mind of residents.

Typical floor plans offer grand two-story entries leading into graceful formals, paneled libraries with fireplaces, banquet-sized dining halls, wine rooms, elevator access, courtyards and summer kitchens designed in a variety of architectural styles.

A hallmark of the neighborhood is the Stablewood Women’s Association. Events range from a holiday cookie exchange to investment club, golf group to gardening circle. They are dedicated to the well-being of their neighbors and the beautification and preservation of their neighborhood.

Property Information

reduced-tab
rental-tab
sold-tab

Stablewood, TX Market Trends

Average Sale Price ($)

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year

Average Days on Market

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year

Sale Price as % of Asking Price

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year

Average Listing Inventory

Loading...

3 Months|6 Months|1 Year


Property Picks